Orison User Guide
The digital instant-fit CIC Orison hearing aid was designed with ENT doctors and developed by specialist engineers. Its performance is guaranteed by the use of selected components, strict production control and rigorous quality tests. The digital instant-fit CIC Orison hearing aid complies with CE standard and carries the CE label.
The digital instant-fit CIC Orison hearing aid provides immediate listening comfort for people experiencing mild to moderate hearing loss. Its Completely-In-the-Canal (CIC) position allows it to :
- Be almost invisible,
- Use the natural abilities of the ear, which is an anatomical amplifier. So, the pinna amplifies and spatialises sounds while the ear canal guides them to the eardrum.
Thanks to its different silicone eartips, the digital instant-fit CIC Orison hearing aid fits all types of ear canals. Orison is simple and intuitive to use.
A : Sound outlet covers with the silicone CONE eartip
B : Venthole with wax protection
C : Part of the shell that fits into the ear canal
D : Battery compartment, rotation upwards
E : Microphone
F : Volume control with turning wheel
G : Removal (pull-out) string
Step 1 : Inserting the battery into the Orison hearing aid
The digital instant-fit CIC Orison hearing aid is powered by a 10A battery and comes with a 10A battery, for an immediate use. Gently swing the battery door fully open, but do not force it. Remove the sticker from the new battery. Place the battery into the empty compartment. Close the battery door : Orison is ON. Never use excessive force to open or close the battery door, this could damage your device.
- To turn Orison ON : close the battery door ;
- To turn Orison OFF : open the battery door.
Step 2 : Fitting the silicon eartip on Orison
The digital instant-fit CIC Orison hearing aid comes with 2 different types of eartips : the CONE and the TULIP. Each type is supplied in 3 different sizes : S (Small), M (Medium) and L (Large). Choose the type and size that suits your ear canal. If the size does not fit your ear canal, the occlusion will not be perfect and the passing air will be amplified, causing a whistling sound. If necessary, carry out several tests with each silicone eartip.
- To fit the silicone eartip on the device, hold Orison between your fingers and position the eartip on the top of the vent hole. Gently push the eartip until it fits over the vent hole ;
- To remove the eartip from the device, hold Orison between your fingers and gently pull the eartip to separate it from the vent hole.
Step 3 : Inserting the Orison hearing aid into your ear canal
Orison is available :
- In red for the right ear,
- In blue for the left ear.
When inserting the right Orison hearing aid, hold it with the right hand ; when inserting the left Orison hearing aid, hold it with the left hand.
- Hold your hearing aid between your thumb and index finger, with the microphone on top and the pull-out string on the bottom ;
- Place the canal part of your hearing aid into your ear canal ;
- Gently pull your earlobe down with the other hand, while pushing Orison in, up to the natural stop, when it feel secure and comfortable.
Whistling, throughout the introduction, is normal : it stops as soon as Orison is correctly installed. If the whistling bothers you, leave the battery door open while inserting Orison and close it when the device is installed. If the whistling continues, it may be due to :
- Inappropriate size of eartip : change it ;
- The presence of a plug of earwax in your ear canal : consult an ENT doctor.
To remove the digital instant-fit CIC Orison from your ear canal, gently pull on removal string.
Step 4 : Changing the volume
The digital instant-fit CIC Orison hearing aid amplifies sounds from 10dB to 33dB and automatically reduces ambient noise by 13dB. Initially, the volume is set to the minimum. Adjust the volume using the metal part of the supplied tool :
- From left to right, to increase the volume (up to 33dB) ;
- From right to left, to decrease the volume (down to 10dB max.).
Two enemies of the ITE hearing aid : earwax and moisture
Because of its ITE position, Orison is subject to moisture and wax, which are naturally present in the ear canal. It is essential that you take special care of your device. When you are not using Orison :
- Open the battery door, to allow any moisture to drain away ;
- Store Orison in its shock-proof case, to protect it from dust deposits.
Clean the Orison hearing aid after each use
During use, earwax is deposited on the hearing aid and the silicone eartip. The sound outlet (vent hole) is located under the eartip and the accumulation of earwax on this part may prevent the device from working properly. To avoid this :
- Clean Orison with a dry cloth, to remove duct microorganisms ;
- Remove the eartip and scrub the vent hole with the brush to remove wax deposits. Do not get the vent hole wet, as this may damage the hearing instrument ;
- Scrub the eartip with the brush. If you do get it wet, make sure it is dry before attaching it to the hearing aid.
The earwax protection system
If there is no amplification, even with a new battery, then the vent hole is probably blocked with earwax. Replace the wax protection system with a new one. To do this, take the insert containing the 5 wax protection and the orange tool and follow the steps below.
- Remove the used wax protection : insert the orange tool into the vent hole and remove the wax protection system by pulling the tool downwards ;
- Insert a new grid : take a new wax protection, position it on the tip of the tool and insert it into the vent hole by pushing the tool upwards.
Make sure your ear canals remain clean
Healthy ears produce a waxy substance that can clog your hearing aid. Repeated use of an ITE hearing aid can lead to wax build-ups in the ear canal. This buildup can :
- Become a wax plug and, by blocking the ear canal, cause a whistling sound when using Orison. Consult an ENT doctor to remove any earwax build-ups ;
- Settle on different parts of the hearing instrument and cause malfunction and/or affect the quality of sound reproduction. Make sure your ear canals are kept clean and be thorough in the care of Orison.
The Orison hearing aid is not waterproof. Remove it before taking a shower or going for a swim ; applying aftershave, hairspray, oils, perfume, mosquito repellent, lotions, etc. If the Orison hearing aid is exposed to such product, allow it to dry before turn it ON. Never attempt to dry Orison with hair dryer, microwave oven.
When you are not using the Orison hearing aid, turn it OFF and store it in its shock-resistant case.
- Extremes temperature
Do not expose your hearing instrument to extreme or prolonged temperatures, do not leave it under the sun, in your car, near a heater, etc.
Do not bang your hearing aid against each other or against hard surfaces as this may damage them.
- General warnings
Using a hearing aid does not restore normal hearing or prevent hearing loss resulting from organic conditions.
Do not allow others to wear your hearing aids.
Keep your hearing aid, accessories and batteries out of the reach of people who might ingest them. Do not put the hearing aid or batteries in your mouth. If you ingest either, seek medical attention immediately.
Dispose of batteries in the appropriate waste receptacles.
Do not wear your hearing aids during X-rays, scans, MRIs or similar imaging procedures.